Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bar Carts Make You Classy

Perhaps it's a weak spot for a good gimlet intrinsic in my WASP heritage, perhaps it's a certain fondness for the icy coolness of everyone's favorite ad man, Don Draper, but for whatever reason, the home (or office, though, sadly, my current position doesn't quite allow for that) bar has always held a special place in my heart. What more perfect way to symbolize a readiness to (classily) throw down than a chic display of spirits and accessories? Here are some of my favorites:





Target's Threshold bar cart retails for only $129 but looks Iggy Azaela F-A-N-C-Y. 
Photo via gritandglamour.com 







cb2's Novo folding table is allegedly meant for TV dinners, in keeping with its 1960's aesthetic, but I see a prime spot for a few mod decanters. Sorry kiddos -- dinner's going on your lap tonight. 






The Bingham Serving Cart from Joss & Main has a touch of flair without being overly fussy. 






The Cheers bar cart by Theodore Alexander: not for the faint of drinking. Three 52" shelves offer plenty of room for spirits of all types. The shiny steelwork adds a festive Art-Deco feel -- perfect for flapper-inspired cocktail mixing. 
Available from One Kings Lane 





The gold Bethany Bar Cart from One Kings Lane looks like something out of the princess castle of your childhood dreams, had your childhood dreams included a stiff Negroni. I'd fill it with cut-glass decanters and light coupes for the most elegant rager ever. 




Since I’ve thus far restrained myself from dedicating a good tenth of my current floor space to alcohol storage (hence the vodka currently on the fire escape -- great refrigeration!), I’ve currently been settling for the poor-man’s home bar: the tray.


This one from Z Gallerie will do for now, until I become a real adult and migrate my alcohol fixings from atop a stack of coffee table books to a proper home. 



Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment